Monday, October 31, 2011

To hear our voices

Time is ticking along and our stories can get lost in the everyday lives we live. Our friends might remember, our family and our neighbours but the others don't. To hear our voices is to record who we really are; the sounds, the laughter, and the thoughts. 

Over a windy day with the Vietnam Vets MC Club, I aimed to capture a moment – with the sounds of the bikes in the background, some cheer and good times. Here I have tried to do that – 8 old blokes who share a common past and a life together now. Chillie Bob, Peter, Agent, Danny, Mike, Terry, David and Dimples speak of those days back in 1962-1975 when so many no longer have a voice to be heard.

Please take this brief video as my gift, as imperfect as it is, and my many thanks for sharing your day with me.









No comments:

Post a Comment